I have been reading a lot of Ali Edwards' "The Week in the Life," as well as Becky Higgins' "Project Life" and once I scribble down all my thoughts about it, I will be sharing some simple joys in my life through these two blog memes.
Things I am thankful for this week... well, from Sunday 'til yesterday, that is:
Sunday - 24 July 2011
- Learning new things through the priest's homily when I attended the mass - 1) Finding treasure deep within us: good health, pure happiness, etc. 2) Something about the pearl: it's not shiny and smooth, but it has a big value... just like us, we are imperfect in many ways, but in God's eyes and in the eyes of the people who loves us, we have a very big value.
- Buying new stuff: batteries and memory card for the camera, organic soil-less potting mix and zinnia seeds for my garden.
- Spending time with my mom, and being a choir member (just for a day) when we attended the mass.
Monday - 25 July 2011
- Watching "The Bucket List" on DVD. A bit surreal, but like they say nothing is impossible. This movie touched my heart - it made me laugh at their simple exchange of words and it made me cry a lot.
- Cooking Pork Adobo for dinner. The last time I cooked this dish I burned it to the point that it was like eating barbecue, so today I was so thankful that the dish turned out well - and I was a happy foodie because I saw my family happy with the dish I cooked.
Tuesday - 26 July 2011
- With heavy rains causing two road accidents in the Metro, I decided for sister and I to stay home instead. I am thankful the family is home safe and sound.
- Harvesting two more ampalaya from the garden, which I cooked for dinner. Yum yum!
- Changing the header of my As the Shutter Clicks" photo blog using the freebie digital scrapbooking kits I have downloaded.
Wednesday - 27 July 2011
- Eating Filipino-Style spaghetti using canned corned beef and chicken hotdogs. My lunch was more delish because of the hot cup of Nescafe Brown and Creamy coffee to go with it.
- Learning about how to change the font of the blog's post title using fancy fonts not available in Blogger.
- My cat Oreo wanting be cuddled... even jumped on my lap just so I would hug him and play with him for a while. :)
Thursday - 27 July 2011
- Knowing mom's eye check up went well.
- Tasting the Jollibee "Crunchy Chicken Burger," which mom bought as her pasalubong to brother and I.
- Playing "The Sims 2."
*** Jenn ***