- Seeing the anthurium plant bloom.
- Planting the zinnia seeds in small grow pots using the organic soil-less potting mix.
- Adding more sticks to help the tomato plants grow upright.
- Receiving an invitation for Blogfest 2.0 happening this coming Friday.
Saturday - 30 July 2011
- Doing the laundry... means fresh linens, too!
- Cooking lunch for the family / brother cooking dinner.
- My cat Mommy Teddy asking for some cuddles.
- * - * - * -
I know this is quite early to share the simple joys, as I can just share it on Tuesday for "the Happiness Project," but what made me share it now is because starting tomorrow, there will be some changes here on my blog. I have been reading a lot of articles by Ali Edwards - her "A Week in the Life" project is something that made me finally go on with this project, but really, this project has been running through my thoughts for as long as I remember. In a forum where am a member, I always share my Simple Joys, as my way of updating the thread I created, and if I can list down the things that brought joy to my life, why not share it on my blog, right? After all, this my "autobiography," might as well really document it.
I am more than 200lbs. I live a sedentary life - I eat a lot, I sit a lot. I know that if I don't do something about it, I will die young... but, even if I am the fittest person there is, fact remains that life is very short. Rather than moan, groan, and whine at things, I figured I'd just devote my time focusing on the positive side of things. When I was still very active at Singles for Christ, my household leader once asked us to list at least three things we were thankful for - no matter how small or big it might be. We then reflect about that list, and true enough, it has made me appreciate my life, the people around me, and life in general. Of course, I am but human, and not all days will be bright and shiny. I will talk about that on my posts, too, but like I said, I want to focus more on the positive side of things, so the ranting will be minimal.
Starting tomorrow, I am going to write a post that will not only talk about my simple joys, but also talk about other matters. As I go on with this personal project, I am also going to share some sources of information, so you, too, can start on your own project, if you feel like doing so. Every day, I will talk about different points, namely:
- My simple joys - my gratitude / miracle list.
- Daily reflections - based on "In His Steps," so I could also get to read the Bible - I am so dumb about Bible matters.
- Fitness - yep, I need to work on this, too.
- 30 Day Challenges - I know, I still haven't finished the "30 Days of Truth," so I will go back to that, then do other challenges, until I cannot find any more 30 Day Challenges. :)
Four topics to write about in one post - could be a long read, but on some days it will just be an outline because some life events I will devote a full post to. This project of mine started today, actually, but I will start posting tomorrow.
See you then!
*** Jenn ***