A few months ago, I saw a link from my Facebook wall about a contest. A lot of times, I do check it out and join them, if I can. The contest was an easy one, it's hardly a contest come to think of it. It was a giveaway, for the first 20 people who can comply with the mechanics can get themselves the prize.
What people should do was to write something about "Your Favorite Beach Destination in the Philippines." After seeing three people joined in, I didn't waste more of my time and wrote a short write up. Soon after sending it, Melo (the one who authored the giveaway) posted my article in his blog. The prize? An autographed copy of Jessica Zafra's "Twisted 8 1/2" book. When I was still in college, I was able to read one of the Twisted books, and I loved the wit and the humor of Jessica Zafra. And now, I have one. I received my book a few days ago, and I am liking the snippets of stories inside. Thank you, Melo for the book. :)
More things to be thankful for this week:
- Mom and I being able to pull off cooking breakfast for 90 people.
- Eating lunch with mom and brother at a new food place.
- Me jokingly telling mom, "I think I lost weight..." and she answered, "I think so, too."
- The neighborhood outing pushing through this Saturday.
- Friends from the forum moving our photoshoot and get together on June 5 because I can't make it this Saturday.
- Our neighbor Ria allowing me to use her laptop for a while so I could get some pictures from my DVDs.
- Three new kittens!
- Rain started falling.
- Playing "Plants vs. Zombies" - a very good distraction.
- Me having longer patience.
- My left hip no longer aches as much, and I can now touch the floor with ease.
Here's to a week of more things to be thankful about!
*** Jenn ***