Today is my Aunt Jo's 64th birthday. For a little over a week now, she and her granddaughter Grace had been staying here in our house for a vacation. Aunt Jo just lost his husband (he had lung cancer) nearly a year ago, and she wanted to stay here for a vacation upon knowing my mom had her eye operation. They never intended to stay long here, but because I still had an event to attend to come Saturday, I asked if we could just travel back to Pangasinan on Sunday. My mom and my aunt had previously talked that I would travel back with Aunt because she is hypertensive, and that I also wanted to take a vacation myself.
Happy birthday, Auntie! It's really great that you celebrated your birthday with us. I am glad you liked the spaghetti I cooked for lunch, and thank you for helping me out with the house chores. I know you're our guest, yet being a mom, you never really allowed me to do all the house chores alone. Thank you for everything.
More things to be thankful for the past week:
- Me and JM finally settled our differences and were back to being good friends. I really missed you my friend!
- A great weekend with my niece Grace and the other bloggers in the Metro at the opening of the EK BiKi Waterworld in Enchanted Kingdom.
- The "TLC - Tomatoes, Lettuce, Cucumber" burger my sister gave me the other day.
- My mom's eyes healing perfectly okay. She just had her check up last Tuesday and the doctor already cut down the eye drops and mom can now wet her eyes, although she still has to wear her protective goggles.
- A meet and greet scheduled with photoblogger friends come Saturday for the Aliwan Fiesta grand street parade.
- Nearly complete with the items to "hunt" for Kristi's April photo hunt.
I am now off to the mall to meet up with mom - the family will be having dinner at a restaurant to celebrate Aunt's birthday. Thanks for dropping by!
*** Jenn ***